We collect and store personal information you voluntarily provide us on this web site for the purposes of responding to your requests, arranging and administering any services which you may enter into with us, for direct marketing, for our internal reviews and reporting, and for statistical analysis.
We may not be able to offer certain functions provided on the web site without the requested personal information and, where necessary, your approval to proceed with the processing.
Transfers to Third Parties
We will only transfer your personal information to data controllers for our own direct marketing purposes, and never to anyone else.
Contact Details & Use of E-mail Addresses
Unless you tell us not to, we may contact you by telephone, email or post for the purpose of providing you information about our programmes and special offers if you supply us with details to do so.
You may stop receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us at anytime.
Our full contact details can be found on the contact page of this site.
In these conditions the following words have the following meanings:
The buyer: the person(s), firm or company who purchases the Goods from the Company
The Company: Sawcraft UK Limited
Contract: any contract between the company and the buyer for the sale and purchase of the goods, incorporating these conditions
Delivery Point: the place where delivery of the Goods is to take place under condition 4
Goods: any goods agreed in the Contract to be supplied to the buyer by the company (including any part or parts of them)
1.2 In these conditions references to any statute or statutory provision shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as a reference to that statute or statutory provision as from time to time amended, consolidated, modified, extended, re-enacted or replaced.
1.3 In these conditions references to the masculine included the feminine and the neuter and to the singular included the plural and vice versa as the context admits or requires.
1.4 In these conditions headings will not affect the construction of these conditions application of terms.
2.1 Subject to any variation under condition 2.3 the contract will be on these conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any terms or conditions, which the buyer purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document).
2.2 No terms or conditions endorsed upon, delivered with or contained in the buyer’s purchase order, confirmation of order; specification or other document will form part of the contact simply as a result of such document being referred to in the contract.
2.3 These conditions apply to all the company’s sales and any variation to these conditions and any representation about the goods shall have no effect on unless express agreed in writing and signed by a [ A Director ] of the company. Nothing in this condition will exclude or limit the company’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Each order for Goods by the buyer from the Company shall be deemed to be an offer by the buyer to purchase goods subject to these conditions.
No order placed by the buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the company until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by the company or (if earlier) the company delivers the goods to the buyer.
The buyer must ensure that the terms of its order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate.
Any quotation is given on the basis that no contract will come into existence until the Company despatches an acknowledgement of order to the Buyer. Any quotation is valid for a period of  days only from its date, provided that the company has not previously withdrawn it.
The description of the Goods shall be set out in the company’s quotation.
All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued by the Company and any descriptions or illustrations contained in the Company’s catalogues or brochures are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods described in them. They will not form part of this Contract.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the Company’s place of business.
The Buyer will take delivery of the Goods within  days of the Company giving it notice that the Goods are ready for delivery.
Any dates specified by the Company for delivery of the Goods are intended to be an estimate and time for delivery shall not be made of the essence by notice. If no dates are specified, delivery will be within a reasonable time.
Subject to the other provisions of these conditions the Company will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay of the delivery of the Goods (even if caused by the Company’s negligence), nor will any delay entitle the buyers to terminate or rescind the Contract unless such delay exceeds  days.
If for any reason the buyer will not accept delivery of any of the Goods when they are ready for delivery, or the Company is unable to deliver the Goods on time because the Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licences or authorisations.
- risk in the Goods will pass to the Buyer (including for loss or damage caused by the Company’s negligence);
- the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered; and
- the Company may store the Goods until delivery whereupon the Buyer will be liable for all related costs and expenses (including , without limitation, storage and insurance).
The Buyer will provide at its expense at the Delivery Point adequate and appropriate equipment and manual labour for loading the Goods.
If the Company delivers to the Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to % more or less than the quantity accepted by the Company the Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods at the pro rata Contact rate.
The quantity of any consignment of Goods as recorded by the Company upon despatch from the Company’s place of business shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Buyer on delivery unless the Buyer can provide conclusive evidence providing the contrary.
The Company shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by the Company’s negligence) unless written notice is given to the Company with  days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
Any liability of the Company for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contact rate against any invoice raised for such Goods
The Goods are at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery
Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Company has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
- the Goods; and
- all other sums which are or which become due to the Company from the Buyers on any account
Until ownership of the Goods has passed to the Buyer, the Buyer must:
- hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as the Company bailee;
- store the Goods (at no cost to the Company) separately from all other Goods of the Buyer or any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as the Company’s property;
- not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods.
- maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured on the Company’s behalf for their full price against all risks to the reasonable satisfaction of the Company. On request the Buyer shall produce the policy of insurance to the Company; and hold the proceeds of the insurance referred to in condition 6.3(d) on trust for the Company and not mix them with any other money, nor pay the proceeds into an overdrawn bank account.
The Buyer may resell the Goods before ownership has passed to it solely on the following conditions:
- any sale shall be effected in the ordinary course of the Buyers business at full market value: and any such sale shall be a sale of the Company’s property on the Buyers own behalf and the Buyers shall deal as principal when making such a sale.
The Buyers right to possession of the Goods shall terminate immediately if:
- the Buyer has a bankruptcy order made against him or makes an
- arrangement or composition with his creditors, or otherwise takes the benefit of any statutory provision for the time being in force for the relief of insolvent debtors, or (being a body corporate) convenes a meeting of creditors (whether formal or informal), or enters into liquidation (whether voluntary or compulsory) except a solvent voluntary liquidation for the purpose only of reconstruction or amalgamation, or has a receiver and/or manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed of its undertaking or any part thereof, or a resolution is passed or a petition presented to any court for the winding up of the Buyer or for the granting of an administration order in respect of the Buyer, or any proceedings are commenced relating to the insolvency or possible insolvency of the Buyer; or the buyer suffers or allows any execution, whether legal or equitable, to be levied on his/its property or obtained against him/it, or fails to observe/perform any of his/its obligations under the Contract or any other contract between the Company and the Buyer, or is unable to pay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or the buyer ceases to trade; or
- the Buyer encumbers or in any way charges any of the Goods
The Company shall be entitled to recover payment for the Goods notwithstanding that ownership of any of the Goods has not passed from the Company.
The Buyer grants the Company, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the Goods are or may be stored in order to inspect them, or, where the Buyer’s right to possession has terminated, to recover them.
Unless otherwise agreed by the company in writing the price for the Goods shall be the price set out in the Company’s price list published on the date of delivery or deemed delivery.
The price for the Goods shall be exclusive of any value added tax and all costs or charges in relation to loading, unloading, carriage and insurance all of which amounts the Buyer will pay in addition when it is due to pay for the Goods.
Payment of the price for the Goods is due on the last working day of the month, following the month in which the Goods are delivered or deemed to be delivered.
Time for payment shall be of the essence.
No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Company has received cleared funds
All payments payable to the Company under the Contract shall become due immediately upon termination of this Contract despite any other provision.
The Buyer shall make all payments due under the Contract without any deduction whether by way of set-off, counterclaim, discount, abatement, or otherwise unless the Buyer has a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by the Company to the Buyer.
If the Buyer fails to pay the Company any sum due pursuant to the Contact the Buyer will be liable to pay interest to the Company on such sum from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 3% above the base lending rate, accruing on a daily basis until payment is made, whether before or after any judgement. The company reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
Where the Company is not the manufacturer of the Goods, the Company will endeavour to transfer to the Buyer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given to the Company.
The Company warrants the (subject to the other provisions of these conditions) upon delivery and for a period of (12) months from the date of delivery, the Goods will;
- be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1994;
- be reasonably fit for use ; and
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which the Goods are being brought if the Buyer had made known that purpose to the company in writing and the company has confirmed in writing that it is reasonable for the Buyer to rely on the skill and judgement of the Company.
The Company shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty and of the warranties in condition 9.2 unless:
- the Buyer gives written notice of the defect to the Company, and (if the defect is a result of damage in transit) to the carrier, within  days of the time when the Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect;
- the Company is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining such Goods and the Buyer (if asked to do so by the Company) returns such Goods to the Company’s place of business at the [Company’s] cost for the examination to take place there.
The Company shall not be liable for a breach of [the warranty] [any of the warranties] in condition 9.2 if :
- the Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice;
- or the defect arises because the Buyer failed to follow the Company’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods or (if there are none) good trade practice; or the Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the written consent of the Company.
Subject to conditions 9.3 and 9.4, if any of the Goods do not conform with [the warranty] [any of the warranties] in condition 9.2 the Company shall at its option repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part ) or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata Contract rate provided that, if the Company so requests, the Buyer shall, at the [Company’s] expense, return the Goods or the part of such Goods which is defective to the Company.
If the Company complies with condition 9.5 it shall have no further liability for a breach of [the warranty] [any of the warranties] in condition 9.2 in respect of such Goods.
Any Goods replaced will belong to the Company and any repaired or replacement
Goods will be guaranteed on these terms for the unexpired portion of  month period].
The Company reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the Contract or reduce the volume of the Goods ordered by the Buyer (without liability to the Buyer) if it is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of its business due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riots, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability delay in obtaining suppliers of adequate or suitable materials. Provided that, if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of a reasonable number of days, the Buyer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to the Company to terminate the Contract.
Each right or remedy of the Company under the Contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Company whether under the Contract or not.
If any provision of the Contract is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the Contract and the remainder of such provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
Failure or delay by the Company in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the Contract will not be constructed as a waiver of any of its rights under the Contract.
Any waiver by the Company of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of the Contact by the Buyer will not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and will in no way affect the other terms of the
The parties to this Contract do not intend that any term of this Contract will be enforceable by virtue of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not party to it.
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity, and all aspects of the Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
All communications between the parties about the Contract must be in writing and delivered by hand or sent by pre-paid first class post or sent by facsimile transmission (in case of communications to the Company) to its registered office or such changed address as shall be notified to the Buyer by the Company; or (in the case of the communication to the Buyer) to the registered office of the addressee (if it is a company) or (in any other case) to any address of the Buyer set out in any document which forms part of this contract or such other address as shall be notified to the Company by the Buyer.
Communications shall be deemed to have been received:
- if sent by pre-paid first class post, 2 days (excluding Saturdays and Sundays and bank and public holidays) after posting (exclusive of the day of posting);
- if delivered by hand on the day of delivery;
- if sent by facsimile transmission on a working day prior to 4.00pm, at the time of transmission and otherwise on the next working day.
Communications addressed to the Company shall be marked for the attention of [M.D].